What can I do with my outdated or broken electronic goods?

In accordance with Ordinance Number 1356 (PDF), it is unlawful to combine, mix or dispose of any large electronics (desktop and laptop personal computers, monitors, printers, televisions, video cassette recorders, etc.) and hand-held electronics (cell phones, pagers, handheld video games, compact disc players, radios, cameras, etc.) within garbage or rubbish either through the solid waste collection system or at the restricted use site. The city will have a collection day each April and November for consumers to dispose of these electronics. Otherwise, you can take them to the Sioux Falls Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at 1015 East Chambers Street, Sioux Falls. Click here for more information about the Household Hazardous Waste Facility.

Show All Answers

1. Where is City Hall located?
2. How do I stay informed on City announcements and notices?
3. How do I establish a utility account with the City of Madison?
4. What are restricted use site hours?
5. What is the Utility Step-Up Program and how do I contribute?
6. What is the City of Madison's Utility Rate Schedule?
7. What are the deposit requirements for residential utility services?
8. When is my utility bill due and when is it considered delinquent and/or my service terminated?
9. What options are available for the payment of my utility bill?
10. What is the holiday garbage schedule?
11. When are recyclables collected and when are the hours of the Recycling Center?
12. What can I do with my outdated or broken electronic goods?
13. What can I do with my household hazardous wastes?
14. Where do I apply for a building permit?
15. Where do I apply for a dog license?
16. What are the parking regulations and restrictions within the City?
17. When do you declare a snow emergency?
18. Does the City of Madison have a mosquito control program?